Rent Deferral ProgramWe understand the impact of this global pandemic. We are committed to working with our residents during this difficult time and are doing everything we can to be of service to our communities. We appreciate your patience as we respond to rapidly changing information. If COVID-19 has impacted your household’s ability to make rent payments, please contact us to learn about our deferred rent program. To get started, please follow the 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Fill out the Delay of Rent Payment Notification Form and submit Page 2 to your property manager. Fill out the form directly from your computer. Save it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. >>CLICK HERE<< for additional instructions on how to fill out your form. (If you prefer, you may fill out the form, take a clear photo, and email it to us. Please mail us the hard copy.)
- To access your form, click on your location below. (For your convenience we've linked the orders pertaining to each city/county.)
- Step 2: Contact your Property Manager to discuss your payment options.
- Step 3: Sign new agreement. Your Payment Pledge will be emailed to you via DocuSign for your signature.
Additional ResourcesWe've compiled some resources that may be of assistance, should you find yourself in need of additional resources. Please click on the links below.
- Memo to Residents - March 26, 2020
- How to Pay Rent
- Unemployment Insurance: Workers who are temporarily laid off or whose hours have been reduced can claim Unemployment Insurance benefits. https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
- State Disability Insurance: Sick residents can claim benefits through the State Disability Insurance program. https://www.edd.ca.gov/disability/About_the_State_Disability_Insurance_(SDI)_Program.htm
- Paid Family Leave: Those who miss work to care for a family member can receive payments through the Paid Family Leave program. https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/#chart
- Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Resources for Employers and Workers https://www.labor.ca.gov/Coronavirus2019/
- Guidance Documents: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Guidance.aspx
- One Fair Wage Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund https://ofwemergencyfund.org/
- Stockton Food Bank: http://www.stocktonfoodbank.org/Get-Food/Coronavirus
- Stockton and Central Valley: Central Valley Housing - Emergency Fund for Rental Assistance application.
- Lodi Food Bank: https://a-better-place.com/d-i/?utm_content=lodi-food-bank-i70612
- Los Banos Food Bank: https://mmcfb.org/get-help/
- Sacramento Food Bank: https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/find-food
- Alameda County Food Bank: https://www.accfb.org/get-food/
How to Pay Rent
There are 2 convenient ways to pay rent.
- Walk-in Payments (WIPs)
- Call us to receive your WIPs card. (See contact numbers below)
- Visit any Walmart to process your payment or visit this link to see a complete list of payment centers. (Look for WIPS Rent Payments.) https://www.datatel-systems.com/ext/client%20forms/checkfreepay.aspx
- Free Online Payments (ACH, Credit/Debit Card through RentCafe)
- If you’re not registered on RentCafe, please call us with us your contact information (address, mobile, email). Once you register, you can log in and make your payment.*If you’re already registered for RentCafe, click here, log in, and make your payment
Contact Our Property Management Team
- Alameda County
- Contra Costa County
- SF County
- Los Banos
- *Stockton (Camanche and Holiday)
Maintenance: 925-267-4095 (This is an answering service line. You must leave a voicemail. We take all our messages and responsequests seriously. Please allow up to
48-hours of response time.)
Accounting Department: (510) 817-0447
Email: rent(at)redwood-property(dotted)com (Please include your Name and Address on the Subject Line)